Employment & Awards | Education | Other Activities & Judging | Books, Articles and Publications | Presentations
Kansas State University photographers — Nicole Donnert, Jeanel Drake, Evan Semon, Kelly Glasscock, Matt Elliott and Matt Stamey — at North Carolina Outer Banks during Manteo photo adventure in 2002.
North Carolina State University • 2003 – May 2012 PhD in Public Administration Part-time studies and relevant coursework include organizational theory and statistics with some focus on mass communication and public administration. Qualitative dissertation looking at relationship between agenda-setting effects between local media and local governments including in-depth data gathering/analysis of local government budgets and local media content analysis. Completed August 2012.
- Papers presented or scheduled for presentation at Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Southeast Colloquium, Western Political Science Association, College Media Association and Midwest Political Science Association
- Research in mass media agenda setting for dissertation.
- Other substantive research in agenda setting, the PATRIOT Act and Freedom of Information Act
Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs • 1996-1997 Master of Public Administration, June 1997 Relevant coursework and projects:
- Team paper/presentation on Americans with Disabilities Act
- Governmental law, budgeting and finance
- In-depth policy analysis of education reform
- Multiple papers/presentations on organizational theory for the 21st century
- Casework in public administration law, science/innovation management and economics
The University of Texas at Austin • 1983-1989
Bachelor of Journalism, May 1989 Bachelor of Arts, Major in Biology/Chemistry, May 1988 Relevant coursework, projects, honors
- Media relations, media law, covering governments, science reporting
- Peer leadership/development
- Friar Society (honor society)
- Students’ Association, director of News and Information
- Texas Student Publications, president of the Board of Directors